During these unusual circumstances, we are focused on implementing practices to enable us to continue to service our pharmacies, their patients and local communities.
We are minimising the potential exposure and spread of COVID-19 by:
- Reviewing and updating as required our Business Continuity Plans (BCP) to ensure we are prepared for various possible scenarios under the current circumstances
- Establishing a cross-functional COVID-19 Working Group to monitor the evolving situation, identify potential business risks and recommend mitigations
- Implementing a Response Plan, which clearly articulates for all team members and leaders, the steps required should a suspected case of COVID-19 present
- Communicating and providing training on good hygiene practices across all sites to ensure team members understand how to prevent the spread of the disease and identify symptoms
- Reporting of any unhygienic practices or failure to comply
- Adhering to social distancing regulations and guidelines
- Restricting visitors to our sites to those critical to ongoing business continuity
- Wherever possible, planned meetings with contractors, suppliers or other external parties will be conducted via teleconferences, Microsoft Teams or other technology. Non-essential meetings have been cancelled
- Implemented additional cleaning and sanitisation of our sites, particularly for high-contact areas and counters
- Introduced temperature scanning of warehouse team members
- Provided additional hand sanitisers throughout our sites
- Providing alcohol-based wipes in delivery vehicles to wipe down PDA / mobile phones prior to and after securing signature for POD requirements.
- Providing disposable gloves in delivery vehicles to handle PDA / mobile phones prior to and after securing signature for POD requirements
- Team members who feel unwell regardless of whether they have travelled overseas or not, must stay home and report to their manager. Team members who experience acute respiratory illness are encouraged to seek medical care early
- If a team member feels unwell at work, they must report immediately to their manager
- Providing emotional support for team members through our Employee Assistance Program
We appreciate how difficult these current circumstances are for our team members, customers, patients and communities and want you to know we are here to help.